31 Οκτ Stress-free Traveling
Do you ever feel like there is just so much to do before traveling that you will never have enough time? And if you do end up doing it all, you will end up being seriously sleep deprived. On top of all of that, you don’t even like flying. Oh boy. Don’t worry! We have some great tips to help you through the deep waters of stress.
There are many ways to plan ahead. We suggest you start off simple: make a list
- Make a list of all the things you have to do to get ready for the trip (IDEA: sign up for our newsletter and get an incredible checklist for all the basic things you must do leading up to your trip up until what to check before you walk out the door)
- Make another list for your suitcase. Bring only the things you know that you will need for this trip and keep in mind that you can always buy something at your destination if you forget. Ok, it’s not ideal, but it still helps.
- Check flight status the day of your departure. You don’t want to be stuck waiting at the airport for hours, adding to your stress, unless you have entry to a business lounge. If you do, that sounds pretty cool.
If you have to dress in business attire because you are heading straight to a meeting then go out and buy yourself that one outfit that feels good, won’t wrinkle, and will take you from office to dinner. Use that when you travel! Also, keep in mind to dress in layers of clothing that are easy to remove in case the airplane is cold. You can always take off layers, but it’s much more difficult to add them. Or if you are heading to a colder destination but leaving from a warm one, remember to pack something warm in your carry-on or at the top of your suitcase so it is easily accessible.
Be Mindful of Your Health
We recommend eating mindfully at least a week before your departure with plenty of vitamin C. Bad eating habits can cause unnecessary stress in your body. Add a little lemon to your water every day, eat plenty of greens, and stay away from sugar and loads of carbohydrates. Speaking of hydrate, DRINK WATER! Also, sleep as much as possible.
Get a Move On
Leave nice and early for the airport, provided that you have taken step one and have checked that your flight is on time. Getting to the airport early is one of the biggest stress relievers because you never know what you are going to get. You can have a line of a thousand people in front of you taking off their shoes and getting full body scans or you can have 5. Either way, play it safe and you won’t even have to encounter stress.
Eat Before You Leave and Bring Snacks
Have a nice meal before you leave. That way you won’t have to deal with being «hangry» (hungry and angry) or you won’t stress eat something horrible at the airport that will send you in a downward spiral. Bring the proper snacks that will give you energy and won’t make you feel bloated or uncomfortable on the plane.
Bring Your Favorite Stress Relievers
Be prepared! Bring things with you that make you feel calm.
- Your favorite tea (preferably free of caffeine)
- Lavender oil
- A good book to get lost in
- Something special from home. It could be a card that your child made you to a scarf that you love and smells like home. Whatever it is, it will be comforting.
- YOUR BREATH. Don’t forget to take long, deep, full, and slow breaths. Focusing on breathing is one of the biggest stress relievers of all time! And it’s free.
Have a great trip and leave a comment below if any of these tips worked for you!